background

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The Traveling Gnomes

What fun family memories we created recently. We took part in not only one, but two fall parties this year.  
After a quick pinterest search on Friday evening, we found the perfect costumes, Gnomes. Perfect for a landscape designer!


Here are our little traveling gnomes. It was a pretty easy costume. I made Micah's shirt and both of the boys hats using this tutorial, and a couple of belts, Calvin's not wearing his in this picture, and voila some adorable gnome costumes.


***A small side note of thanks to my mom for bringing me some felt this spring. I could not have made these beards without it. Just one of the many uses I'm finding with the stack of felt you brought. THANK YOU!


Calvin wasn't so sure what to think of all the games, he was very quietly observing and semi participating in them, but he helped his team pull out the victory in an eating competition. He can dominate a cookie, that's for sure!


I'm so thankful for friends who love to help us create fabulous memories our kids will remember forever. I can't wait until next year, who knows what we will come up with.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute costumes! Maybe one day I'll get creative and learn how to sew fun things... =)

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, I love your little gnomes!