Calvin and I had a little chat on his birthday because I decided he’s not allowed to have any more birthdays. He must remain five forever. Apparently he thinks my request is a bit ridiculous.
But seriously how on earth did this boy turn 5 already?!?!
Since I can’t stop him from growing I’m going to enjoy these days and savor them.
Looking back over the past year here are a few things about my little Calvinator that I love.
· The second your eyes are open you are talking and can talk all day long.
· I love the impromptu songs that come out of your mouth along with some amazing dance moves. I love how you sing your heart out to our Seeds of Faith CDs in the van.
· You’re willing to do hard things. Just watching you adjust to preschool and really thrive there was such a gift. I’m so thankful that you are willing to learn a new language little man. I know it’s not easy but you are doing amazing at it.
· You have a love for learning and I’m praying we can nurture that into a little boy who is always hungry for knowledge. You love doing school, particularly math and science. You make me proud.
· You’re creative and love any chance you get to draw, color, paint, cut, or make something.
· You spend hours each day building with legos.
· You love to read.
· Love to save the world daily.
· Love tromping around the great outdoors and collecting rocks, sticks, acorns, buckeyes and flowers.
· You are a great helper cleaning the house and you love to dust and clean the windows, which I’m so grateful for.
· You’ve started to ask some really good questions about God and already know so many verses from God’s word.
· You’ve been willing to talk about hard subjects such as death and have had such a sweet perspective of heaven that has blessed me.
· And yesterday you marveled that your shoes still fit you now that you are five. Amazing.
Stop growing so quickly please. I want to enjoy your little squeaky voice a bit longer.
Calvin. I’m praying the Lord will grow your understanding of him this next year and that you will trust him and serve him the rest of your life. I thank the Lord for using you to sharpen me. You are such a gift and it’s a joy is to be your mom.
I love you Calvin.