background

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pirate Pals



We’re blessed with other ex pat friends for our boys to pal around with.   One of Calvin's little pals turned 4 this week and I found a little pirate hat at the store, which I thought was the perfect gift for his little buddy.  It was this little pal and his brother who started Calvin’s love for dressing up, so I knew he’d love a pirate costume to go with the hat.  Even though it was more work than just buying something else, I thought it was worth it to make one for him.  

But often as I start a project I think of other fun things to add.  I knew we had a few goodies bags left over from Calvin’s party so I thought he also needed some felt gold coins in a treasure bag. 

I’m so glad I did, it was a big hit.  Calvin was pretty thrilled about giving it to him, and he even kept the contents of the present a secret until he opened it.

Creating is so much fun.

No comments: