background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Home Ec


A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to teach a few very sweet teens how to sew this bag.  Several of them it was their very first time using a sewing machine.

They were such fast learners and VERY patient.  I wish I would have snapped a picture of their bags, but by the time they finished them I had a cranky boy ready for bed.  Trust me they did a great job.  It’s fun having such great students and teaching something I love doing.

Random fact: during high school my home economics teachers highly encouraged me to consider becoming a home ec teacher.  At the time the thought of teaching high school students was not all that appealing, looking back I can see how I would have really enjoyed that career path.  I’ll add it to the list of various other professions I would have loved.

No comments: