background

Friday, May 20, 2011

About that boat


About a year ago, we were eating lunch at the lake and Calvin saw some boats on the tiny lake.

For some reason he became convinced that his Uncle Aaron was going to buy him a boat, a real one. We tried to bring him back to reality but nothing we said convinced the little guy. Fast forward to this year, my parents brought some gifts from my brother and guess what Calvin got?

A boat…well a pirate ship lego set. Once I pointed out to Calvin that Uncle Aaron did get him a boat afterall, he said, "He did get me a boat, he did." He was pretty pumped Uncle Aaron. Thanks for the other gifts too. Micah loves his Huey, it was perfect. (Growing up my bro had several imaginary friends, Huey, Duey, Louie, and Philip, so this was an extra meaningful gift.) Of course Marvin and I loved our gifts too. Thanks for being so thoughtful and way to go with the boat.

No comments: