background

Thursday, October 01, 2009

How is it October Already?

I flipped the calendar today and it made me a little sad. My little guy is turning two in just 10 days! How did this happen? He's certainly growing up too fast.

He's sure full of fun recently. I hear "where'd he go" about a million times everyday. I play too many games to count of "hide" everyday (hide and seek). I just love to hear his little squeals of anticipation when he's searching for you and his laugh is contagious when he actually finds you. Sweet memories that I just want to bottle up and never forget. Thank goodness for technology!

He loves anything that needs to be put together blocks, puzzles, Mr. Potato head. He'll stack anything and everything, cans, spools of thread, markers, etc. He loves it when you take the time to play with him and if your around him when he's building you're likely to hear him say "sit" and pat the ground. He's a very persuasive little guy.

It's been neat to hear him pray for those he loves. He'll come up with a list of people every time we take time to pray. He loves spending time with his grandpas and grandmas and his aunts and uncles and cousins and talks about it for weeks.

He's doing great with a cup, and wiping up spilled milk. He loves any fruit and will devour corn. He's still not a big fan of meat, but is eating many things he used to spit out or not even touch. Our persistence is paying off. (Last night I could hardly contain my shock when he actually ate his salad and didn't just lick off the dressing.)

When he's happy he gallops everywhere. He loves to play soccer with you and "golf" using these long poles from his baby gym. He loves to read and some favorites lately include The Napping House, Goodnight Moon & Dinosaur Roar. He loves to sing and recently will just sing the theme song to Bob the Builder over and over (Bob, Bob, Bob, mumble, mumble, mumble Yes......Can). The B-I-B-L-E is also a favorite, but he just sings B, B, B, B the whole song. It's pretty cute. Every color is Blue, everything he counts is 2, and every letter is B.

Art captures his attention. He loves to cut with scissors and better yet he loves to glue (mostly his fingers). He'd happily paint everyday if I let him. When he sits down to draw he's very focused, and most pictures he draws are dinosaurs because he will point to the picture and then say "ROAR." I haven't quite seen it, but maybe I need to look at it from another angle.

He gives the best hugs these days and even add as a little "awww" in there with every hug. When I go to get him in the mornings or from nap he'll often put his finger in front of his mouth and say "SHHHH". Usually Tigger is sleeping (his favorite lovey). He loves to put his stuffed animals to bed and I about melt every time he gives them a sweet little kiss and says "night, night."

He loves Sesame street right now and we hear a lot about Elmo (Mo Mo), Big Bird (Bee Bur), Ernie (Nee Nee), the Count (nount), Grover (Gover), Cookie Monster (Gookie) & Abby (he's got that one down). I decided he would love a Sesame Street birthday and since then settled on doing these fun cupcakes. I can't wait to see how excited he will be. I'm only going to do his favorites so it's Elmo, Cookie Monster, The Count & Grover Cupcakes for his special day.

Wow I still can't believe he's turning two! Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments: