background

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Birthday Bash

Calvin had a great party a couple weeks ago. We were blessed to have some many people who have been such a huge part of Calvin's life in our home. Things were a bit tight but we made do.

We went with a Sesame Street Theme because that's Calvin's love right now. The cupcakes turned out really cute and Calvin was so excited when he woke up to find Elmo, Cookie Monster and Grover on the counter.

I didn't do a lick of decorating, just plain ran out of time. For me that was huge, I love to have everything perfect, but lately decided that it's better for me to just concede and go to bed, rather than have a grumpy momma with cute decorations. I'm working on it.

Meet Grover, Elmo & Cookie Monster
They were very simple, cuz I'm not very talented in the area of cake decorating. Although I've always wanted to give it a try. My mom made our cakes growing up and I'd love to do the same for Calvin.


Sesame Street Over took our counter! I made 40 cupcakes and all but 4 were consumed the day of the party. We had a lot of people at our house.
The Play Zone
Calvin had a blast playing with his pals and cousins. The balloons were a big hit. I have been so thankful for this huge play room right off the kitchen. It was nice for the kids to have a place to play.


Present Time

Even though we specifically said no presents. Everyone blessed Calvin by helping to replace all his DVDs that were stolen. It's amazing he had no duplicates!

It's a neat picture to see most of the people who've meant so much to Calvin all in one room. We are blessed.


I still can't believe two years went by so quickly! I'm certainly enjoying all the snuggle time and hugs I can get right now, before we know it we'll be sending him off to college.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those cupcakes were amazing! You are so creative!