background

Monday, October 05, 2009

A Great Craft Day

Well I am so glad it's over but my 1st craft fair went really well. I was one tired girl by the end. I crashed on the couch at 4:00 p.m., slept through Calvin's symbol playing (a.k.a. banging lids together) woke up to put Calvin to bed and ate a couple pieces of pizza then off to bed again. I was so refreshed Sunday morning. After a week of some major sleep deprivation I needed a lot to catch up.

The craft fair was so much fun. I met a lot of talented ladies, many of them also fellow "etsyians". It was fun to briefly browse through what everyone created. It's neat to see how people put things together. There were two distinct trends that I saw, those who did things by the book, followed steps and those who deviated from the path and did their own thing. Both were great, it was just an interesting observation. After doing this fair I have a greater appreciation for those who do it a lot. It's a lot of work and you really have to love what you are creating. For those of you who couldn't make it here's what my booth looked like. I had a corner booth, I was very thankful once I got things set up that I had the extra corner:



The morning was a bit slow, it was cold. Things picked up around lunch time and I actually made the most sales right before we closed. I even made one more sale as I was packing things up. I definitely made a huge dent in that Project Kitchen Aid. I'm still debating about whether to do one more fair. It was definitely worth my time, and I wouldn't have to do too much more prep work, it just comes down to do we really have time?

We are seriously moving in less than a month and the only prep that has been done is throwing things to a garage sale pile in our back room. (Which seriously is a heap of mess screaming for some organization right now.) If I were in town I'd be all over it, but it will have to wait until next week. I'm at my parents chillin' with my dad for the week and a little of next week while my mom is back at work.

I couldn't resist bringing along some yummy fabric to start on Calvin's quilt for his big boy bed. I know I'm crazy, but I really want to get it done this week and it's a very simple pattern. I have taken a couple days off from my sewing machine. Today I even took a nap. It was such a blessing.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Very impressive! I'm glad it was such a success! Looks like a lot of fun too. I can't believe you are moving SO soon! EXCITING!! I'll be praying for you guys as you gear up to go, and make the transition to your new home. :)

Angie said...

Erika, I love your stuff as well. It was great to meet you and see all the great hing s you make.
Here are some of my favorite fabric sources. Good luck with your huge move.
for trims:
http://www.jkmribbon.com/
for fabrics:
http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/
http://www.sewmamasew.com/
http://reprodepot.com/index.html
https://www.fabricsfromtheheart.com

Priscilla Sapp said...

Saw your comment on Jenni's blog. Thought I'd let you know some of the kitchenaid attachments are at Kohls. It was fun for me to use them in Africa and now Jenni is using them. Isn't that fun!