background

Saturday, October 24, 2009

25 cents




Whelp today is the last day of our garage sale and we've done quite well. It's amazing how much stuff we had accumulated in the year and a half we've been stateside. Thankfully now others get a chance to use it. I definitely couldn't have done it without my mother-in-law. She was here this week when Marvin was still working. She watched Calvin all day long, did the same puzzle about a millions times, listened to his Sesame music about a million times on top of all the garage sale stuff. She's really awesome.
I decided garage sales are just an interesting place. You'll meet all sorts of people each with their own stories. It was fun to see a mix of people. It was fun to hear some of their stories and I am glad they now have a piece of our lives. We've been so blessed by complete strangers and by some we know. They have been so giving I tear up just thinking about it. One guy asked where we were moving, once he found out he then handed me $20.00. He went to his car and came back with a $100 bill. What a blessing, and he had no idea that we had just lost several things in a home invasion. God certainly is good. I do want to be able to do that someday, bless the socks off of people.
It's weird selling everything, I'm not sad it's just odd. It's interesting how objects sometimes take on some emotional value in our lives. I was glad to see Calvin's trains go to a grandma with lots of grand kids. Stuff like that have been funny to me because it's just stuff. Overall I'm quite relieved it's out of our house. The preparation was slightly overwhelming, but now that we've gotten rid of a lot it's on to packing up stuff we're keeping and trying to cram things into 12-15 suitcases, yikes. It gives me an feeling of excited anticipation to see the road ahead.
We have one more week here in this house. It's going to be a busy one. Its been quite a journey this last year and a half. Sometimes we never thought we would get to this point, but God is faithful and had us here just the right amount of time. (Slava Boga, Praise God)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

12 to 15 suitcases! I had to read it over again! Its good to hear that the garage sale went well and you had some help! :)