background

Saturday, January 09, 2010

You All are just "Souper"



Thanks so much for all the great lunch ideas, most of them I can make here fairly easily. As I was chopping veggies for soup tomorrow I had to stop, snap a picture and make sure you all knew how thankful I am for your suggestions.

Many of you suggested soup and it sounds like a great easy lunch and I'm hoping to incorporate that at least two or three lunches a week. I'd love any of your favorite soup recipes if you have them (or links to your favorite recipes).

And I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I brought my knives with me. It makes a huge difference cutting the giant carrots here with good knife. I already chopped all the massive carrots before I thought to take some pictures, that will be for another day.

Thanks Again!
Erica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried this one just recently. It's called Christmas Eve Soup because the original owner has it every Christmas Eve. Anyway, here it is:

2 c. potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 c. carrot, peeled and diced
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1/4 c. onion, chopped
2 c. water
1 1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 c. cooked ham, cubed
1/4 c. margarine
1/4 c. flour
2 c. milk
8 oz. Cheddar cheese

Combine veggies, water, salt and pepper in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in ham; set aside. In a separate saucepan, melt margarine; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted; add to vegetable mixture and heat through.

Enjoy!