background

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sewing Calvin's Naps away

Since I prepared all of our meals ahead of time this week I've had extra time to sew. Here's a peek at what I've been working on.

I've been needing to make a few plastic bag holders for a long time. I was able to clear out all the plastic bags in a container today and I've already put that container to good use. I also made one for Calvin's Room only in a monkey Fabric. Had I known how easy this would have been I would have done it a long time ago. Seriously I think I had both of these done in 10 minutes.

My first little girl's apron. I love how it turned out. I hope to sell this one in my Etsy shop. Let me know if you want it and I'll give it to you my friend's and family discount.

I love this flower and I've fallen in love with making fabric flowers recently.

This apron I made per the request of a friend. Jamie, it turned out great and I can't wait to give it to you. You're going to be the cutest stay at home mom in this.

I also tried a little applique. I loved how this turned out and of course I made Calvin wear it today because I was so excited.
This was a project I did a couple of weeks ago but I thought I'd throw it in here. My mom requested embellished tea towels for a wedding gift. I checked the bride's registry for her kitchen colors and tried to match fabric with her tastes. I hope she likes them.

I have several other unfinished projects going on right now, but I'm out of the color of thread I need for both projects. I don' t know how that happened. I'll keep you updated on how it goes. Keep me posted on your creative projects. Ideas really motivate me.

3 comments:

Marie said...

You are so creative and such a talented sewer!

Jamie said...

I LOVE it! Thanks for making the apron fun. You are definitely talented at this. See you tomorrow!

Carrie said...

That BEAUTIFUL apron makes me want a little girl!! :) You are the best! Miss you guys!