background

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Round 2….oamc


I managed to make some freezer meals the beginning of this month. I didn't get to my entire list of because I had trouble finding some ingredients, so I had to scratch three meals L. I guess that comes with living in Central Asia, sometimes we can find things other times they're nowhere to be found.

I am glad I did another OAMC spree because I was able to leave Marvin and Calvin with a few things to eat, when I suddenly had to leave. It makes me feel better knowing that I am making it a bit easier on them, and that they have something healthy to eat.

This month I broke my cooking into 3 days, and it was much smoother and easier to manage. I'll be doing it this way in the future. Day one was shopping day and prep day. Day two was raw meat day, I put together all meals that needed to be cooked in the Crockpot later, or cooked on the stovetop later. I also cooked all the chicken and meat I needed on that day too. The last day I finished up all other meals and bagged my shredded cheese. Doing my OAMC this way gave me some flexibility and I didn't feel rushed to finish in one day, I could also do a few meals at a time throughout the day. Like when Calvin was finishing up eating lunch and during his nap. I think I've found a good system. Here is my list of meals for my fellow OAMC pals out there.

1.  Taco Meat
2.  Italian Sausage for Pizza toppings
3.  Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce
4.  Manicotti
5.  Fajitas
6.  Beef Carnitas
7.  Hawaiian Chicken
8.  Hawaiian Joes
9.  Honey Lime Chicken
10. Crockpot Jerk Chicken
11. Asian Lettuce Wraps
12. Coconut Chicken Fingers

No comments: