background

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Special Moments in Kansas

This Thanksgiving I'm praising the Lord for several gifts he allowed us to have this summer.


While in Kansas we got to stop by and see Carl’s stone and a little seating area outside the place where he lived that was made in his honor.  (Carl is Marvin's brother who passed away a year ago.)


We got to spend some time at Seth’s grave.  It’s always so peaceful out there.  This is the closest I’ll get to have all 6 of my guys in one picture.  I’m so grateful for moments there.

My sister came to Kansas and I got to go wedding dress shopping with her and be there when she found the perfect dress.  That girl didn’t find a dress that didn’t look gorgeous on her.  I was glad to get a chance to meet her fiance's mom and sister.  She’s marrying into a great family.

My brother and sister-in-law came to Kansas, which was so very sweet of them.  They took the older boys to see the Minion movie and had other adventures with them.  It’s always great to see them.  We can’t wait to go visit them in Texas when we are back for a little longer period of time.

Lastly we were able to spend some time with my Uncle Arthur and Aunt Lori the day before we left Kansas.  My uncle recently passed away, so this visit was precious.  

I am so grateful we could do all of this this summer.


No comments: