background

Saturday, November 28, 2015

A Beautiful Wedding



Our time in the states ended with a beautiful wedding.  It was a very sweet ceremony, and a joy to be a part of their lives coming together as husband and wife.

Marvin was in the wedding and my new sister-in-law was so sweet to help us find someone to watch the two littlest ones during the wedding.  It was in the middle of nap time and I knew it would be disastrous having them in the church, plus I knew Micah would probably fall asleep during the ceremony. 

I had nightmares of trying to handle 3 very tired children at the same time and all of them falling to pieces during the wedding and making a scene.  This way I was able to enjoy the wedding and only had to deal with Micah falling asleep during the ceremony and thanks be to God he did not start screaming when he woke up very delirious mid ceremony.

Their ceremony was held at a Norwegian church in down town Minneapolis, whose services are held in Norwegian, and they had some very fun history and books in the church.



The reception was fun and the boys had a blast playing in the hall.  I was so thankful they had a place to run.  



 It was held at the school where my new sister-in-law worked and was in a very diverse part of Minneapolis.  Between the wedding and the reception I walked over to a laundry mat to get quarters, our hotel had a washer and dryer, and it was a fun mix of people.  It was great for my international heart to hear other languages.

We were so thankful we could join them.  Thank you for getting married so we could come home!
We haven't seen this couple since our wedding, 13 years ago.  Carl also preformed our ceremony.  It was quite the treat to be able to cross paths with them once again.

No comments: