background

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Taking Off


I started my seeds a couple of weeks ago and it has been so much fun to watch them take off. So far they are doing great. I bought a little greenhouse and oh my do they work wonderfully. I planted lettuce on Monday and it had sprouted on Wednesday, I couldn't believe it. The last thing to come up was my parsley and carrots. I was getting a little worried but was pleasantly surprised yesterday morning to see little green spouts waiting to break through the surface. Once my parsley gets a little bit bigger they will get to join the rest of his friends in the sun. I hope to start a few perennial flowers in my greenhouse once it's empty. Considering I have killed every plant I have owned I think things are going pretty well. Thankfully I have a husband who reminds me to water.
I'm really hoping these fellas take off so that we can transplant them when they are nice and strong. I'm looking forward to the harvest.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I'm sorry things have been so rough with your little guy, Erica. I promise to say prayers for you tomorrow, especially when Addison throws her morning tantrum ;).

It's nice to know we're in this journey of parenting together!