background

Monday, April 20, 2015

Man Camp



A little pal of Calvin’s had a birthday so his dad took the opportunity to go on a man camp.  The last one was 2 years ago, and this year Micah got to join in the fun.

Micah was so excited to go camping. He packed his backpack and was ready to go the day before the big trip.  Inside his backpack was a ninja mask, power ranger costume, ninja turtle sais, a slingshot and book called Just Like Daddy.  So he pretty much packed the necessities.  Calvin packed a swim cap and water balloons.  I think he was optimistic for some hot weather, instead they had fog, rain and cool temperatures.

You can tell moms were not present because axe throwing and knife throwing were a part of the activities.  My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the pictures.  I’m learning how to be a mom of boys, Marvin does a great job of providing lots of boy fun.

Of course a zipline, hiking, and campfire stories always add to a great camping trip.

Micah discovered he has a superpower after all.  Peeing power, I’ll just leave it at that.  ;)

They came home filthy dirty and full of stories.  It’s fun watching them grow up and thankful Marvin enjoys sleeping in tents in the cold to make these trips extra special for them.

I've always thought we live in the great place to raise boys.  Man camp helped support my theory!

No comments: