background

Friday, June 01, 2012

about Tuesday


As we were sitting in the waiting room for our appointment on Tuesday another woman sat down with her husband and I recognized the pain, fear, heartbreak in her eyes.  Oh how I knew all those things too well, I was experiencing all those things at that current moment.  I knew if I opened my mouth, the tears would come unleashed, so I prayed for her and what was to come for us in just a few short minutes when we would be seen by the doctor. 

I don’t think you are ever prepared for the words cardiac failure to be spoken about your unborn child.  Those words take your breath away.  But somehow the L allowed us to breath.  He’s helped get us through some very uncomfortable procedures, taken away the fear and given his shoulder to cry on.

A local believing friend in Nineveh skyped yesterday and her words brought tears to my eyes.  She simply said, “Hold on to the cross.”  How easy is it to take my grip off of the only thing that sustains us in our time of need.

I’m holding on tight today.
“The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble; He cares for those who trust in Him”
Nahum 1:7

No comments: