background

Thursday, May 31, 2012

today


Today I’m thankful for so many things.  It’s amazing to see how the L orchestrated everything in the last two weeks.  Sometimes it’s mind boggling that we are sitting in the hospital in America, but we are thankful to be in such great care.

Today I’m trying to rejoice, for “This is the day that the L has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.”  Rejoicing is hard, when my heart is filled with worry and to be honest sometimes I let the fear overcome me.  It’s hard to be present today, in this very minute and not worry about the future.  

But today is what we are promised.  It is not up to me to know how many days the Lord has entrusted our sweet Seth into our care, but today I’m reveling in each and every kick, hearing his little swishing heart on the monitor and getting a peak at him often through ultra sounds.  I do not know what will be in store for his life, but I know he’s been a huge blessing and part of our family already. 

And that is plenty to rejoice in today.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Praying for you guys and Seth. I love your perspective right now and am challenged to believe God in uncertainty.

Anonymous said...

Well put, Jenni.........I second that!

Becky