background

Monday, July 11, 2011

Confession of a 30 year old

Marvin and I have had 2 dates since last July.......two. One of those was sort of unplanned. While we were in the capitol city we needed to pick up some new books for our teacher, so my parents watched the boys while we went in search for this book store together. We realized on our way it was the first time we'd been out without the boys since Micah was born. Guess it's time beef up those stats.



My birthday was a couple of weeks ago and I entered into a new decade, I'm officially a 30 something! The fun of my birthday this year was that we were able to celebrate in one of our favorite cities, yippee! Due to the start of our meetings we celebrated a day early. Thankfully some sweet friends were also in town for these meetings and staying just down the street from us and they gladly watched our boys while we headed to a restaurant we'd always wanted to go to, hence date #2.

It was so much fun to eat, without multi tasking, in such a pretty and quaint setting while enjoying some amazing food. 

We even ran into a few friends at this restaurant while we were eating, one of whom was moving back to the states the day after my birthday. That was such a gift from the Lord, and so wonderful to get to see her before she left.



Earlier in the day we enjoyed a play date with some sweet friends at one of our favorite parks in town. 

Then we took a boat ride across the Bosporus to pick up a few requests and some coffee to take back. My sweet husband let me pick out yet another Turkish plate for my birthday. (I may have a slight obsession.)



This new decade is off to a great start. I'm so thankful for the blessings.

No comments: