background

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

last week randomness

It snowed several times. I prefer snow over the mess that comes when it melts, so I'm hoping the colder temps stay a bit longer. Spring here is messy, and my least favorite season, thankfully it's a short season.


 

Our nanny cancelled again, this time it was her birthday (I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the "I'll never tell you no, thing." The rest of the week she couldn't work because there was too much sickness going around, I seriously was speechless.


 

We think we found a new nanny!


 

I made homemade pudding for the first time ever this weekend, it was so easy. Not sure why I haven't tried it until now.


 

Micah is doing better at napping this week, but I've made sure we've been home during his naps, being homebound has been tough. He still prefers to be nursed before naps, so we still have some work to do.


 

One family on our team left to go to the states for 6 months. It will be strange without them here. Calvin is already saying that he misses them; it may be a long 6 months for him.


 

I found butternut squash at a local supermarket. Squeal with delight!


 

I was able to hang out with a friend who I haven't seen in 3 ½ years. It was so much fun to reconnect with her.


 

We've had a few exciting things happen in our area recently, it's made us more aware of our surroundings. We're so thankful for our peaceful neighborhood.


 

The other day Marvin said, "Yeah it wasn't a big deal they only used grenade launchers." Oh my, has our world changed or what! We're definitely not in KS anymore.


 

It is just an AWESOME time (heavy sarcasm) to apply for a tourist visa to our city. Praying about how to best apply for my parents' visas which need to be done this week. (They already bought their tickets, so we're trying to figure out the best plan that would enable them to get a visa to come see us in April.)


 

I'm almost done ordering clothes for Calvin for next year. It really stresses me out ordering things I cannot pick up and see the sizing and check the quality. I've been thankful for ebay as I snagged a few great deals.


 

Marvin broke a bowl in half with a knife while cutting his ice cream, it was pretty awesome. (Our ice cream comes in plastic bags, thus the need to cut it.)


 

We've made the switch most days to no naps for Calvin, overall I'm enjoying having both kids in bed and asleep earlier (7:00 for Micah and Calvin generally falls asleep around 8:30). There is never enough time in the evenings to finish homework, and all the other things that must be done without kids around. Both boys rarely napped at the same time anyway so it wasn't that big of deal.


 

One of my best friends got married. I completely lost it after I talked to her on the phone a couple of weeks ago. I really wish I could have been there, but couldn't be happier for her.


 

I promise to post some pictures with my next post.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You found a butternut squash?!?! So jealous!