One year ago, we were adjusting to life abroad with a 2 year old; honestly it was much easier with an infant. We were relearning some cultural expectations of us, and learning a few we had never experienced (such as Calvin must always wear tights and be bundled up to the point where he can barely move when we go outside in the winter). But overall it was so good to be home.
- A year ago we were digging deep in language study only to be reminded that we're ALWAYS going to be language learners. We've made some progress but have a long ways to go.
- A year ago we didn't anticipate the job changes we experienced this year, but we are thankful for the support we have been given with this new role of leadership.
- A year ago I my heart desperately wanted another child; today I'm so thankful to have my arms filled with another sweet little boy that has been entrusted to us.
- A year ago we would never have guessed the things that brought us out of comfort zone. Those things have stretched us and grew our relationships with our local friends.
- A year ago we thought it would be several years before we saw any of our family. Thankfully a sweet little guy's birth brought a few visitors our way.
So 2010 you threw a few surprises our direction, but overall it was a year that we were able to see your faithfulness. Thank you Lord for the gifts you've given us this year. In the words of Calvin "Bring it on" 2011!