background

Saturday, September 27, 2008

that Cherry Pepsi doesn't looks so great at 1:00 a.m.

I was so excited tonight when I spotted a nice COLD diet Cherry Pepsi in the fridge, yum! I am not a big fan of ice, I'd rather have my soda nice and cold and do without the ice (one exception is crushed ice, I love it), so I was so excited when I saw a cold Pepsi in the fridge. Well it's 1:00 a.m. and I am now remembering why I don't drink caffeine. UGH! After about an hour of just lying in bed wide awake I decided to be a bit more productive and clean up the kitchen and office area, now that that's done I thought I'd blog a bit.

Today was a bit rough on Calvin, two bruises within 5 minutes of each other. I just hate seeing him in pain. The second bruise is a big one and both are within inches of each other on his forehead. I think we need to rethink keeping our shoes at the front door because he likes to take them out of the basket and I am constantly correcting him, so maybe it's time to remove the problem because he isn't catching on. You see one of the bruises is directly correlated with the shoes he diligently pulled out of the basket. I guess our little outdoor photo shoot is cancelled tomorrow due to bruises.

On to some more random stuff about us:
-Tonight after Marvin finished his dinner I was still eating and I wanted some veggies, without even thinking or saying a word to Marvin I plopped some on his plate too! I guess my job as a mom is spilling over some boundaries, well it gave us a good laugh that's for sure.

-I have been using a tiny travel brush for well over a year! It wasn't until I announced this to my sister and mom that I thought that was a bit strange! That was almost two months ago and whelp, I'm still using my travel brush! One of these days I'll make the plunge and get a real brush!

-My least favorite chore is doing the dishes! I love to cook, but hate to clean up. I am thoroughly enjoying having a dishwasher now, such a blessing!

-Marvin usually puts jelly on his pancakes.

-It takes Marvin about 15 minutes (10 minutes if he is rushing) to bike to work. By the way I have an amazing husband who is willing to do this so Calvin and I can have the car during the day! (and yes it is possible to only have one car for your family, it just takes some planning.)

-Calvin loves to take off with the maple syrup that he snags from the fridge every time I open it!

-Here the cake I'm hoping the attempt for Calvin's 1st Birthday Party
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/monkey-cake
I'm new to cake decorating, but it looks easy enough, we'll see how it turns out. I am hoping to make a little personal cake in the shape of a banana for Calvin. I may be a bit ambitious, only time will tell. I can't believe he will be 1 year old in two weeks! Where has this year gone?

Whelp I better try the sleep thing again as it is approaching 2:00 a.m.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Hope you were able to get back to sleep before too long. It is just the pits when that happens!!

Sherry said...

oh Erica! That cake is adorable. You are such a Martha to begin with, I think you'll do fine. be sure to take lots of pictures. can't believe he's already one!