background

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Nesting



Nesting kicked in this past month.  I felt like I was racing against the clock to get the house organized and purged of all the clutter and things we don’t use before it was my time to leave.  I was glad to get through everything on my to do list, with the exception of Calvin’s backpack contents he dumped all over his desk.  Please tell me they learn how to be organized at some point???

Every time we leave for an extended period of time, I feel the need to have all our ducks in a row, lists made of items we might want just in case they don’t let us back in the country.

This trip I wanted to make sure I brought the boy’s school portfolio back to the states, which meant going through piles of things I kept this past year and slimming it down to a good snapshot of how they’ve grown this year.

I don’t know about you but it always feels good to toss things, although some of it had to be done while the boys weren’t looking. 

Because I’m crazy I canned 9 jars of strawberry jam. But seriously how can you resist these beautiful berries?  I knew if I didn’t we wouldn’t have any for winter and I would be really sad about that. 

So that’s how nesting manifested itself with this little baby.

No comments: