1. Start off by making the filling. If you are making around 12 tacos brown 1.5 lb. hamburger, boil one potato in it's own skin till it is the consistency of using for potato salad. Remove the skin from the potato and dice. Cook around 1-2 c. peas, use more or less depending on your love for peas. Mix the ground beef, potatoes, and peas together in medium bowl.
2. Fill the tortilla with about 2-3 Tablespoons of meat. Don't over stuff because they will pop open.
3. Pin the tacos using toothpicks. Use 3 toothpicks and pin just as you would fabric.
4. Fill a skillet with oil about 1/2 inch high and allow time for the oil to heat up. Place the tacos in the pan carefully and allow to fry.
5. Flip the tacos when they are golden brown and finish frying the opposite side.
6. Place the tacos on a paper towel to absorb some excess oil then serve with cheese, lettuce, salsa, and your favorite hot sauce. We also like to eat these with corn and black bean salsa. Yum!
*Disclaimer: These are so tasty but so bad for you so don't expect a healthy treat when you eat these bad boys. I'm convinced the reason why Marvin loves these so much is I usually one make them once or twice a year. Yea for special meals that make my Marvin a happy husband.