background

Monday, August 18, 2008

Piddling

Well it's almost 8:45 and I put Calvin to bed an hour ago and still haven't been motivated to straighten up the kitchen and living room. Lately I feel like this is an endless job. Calvin loves to dump everything out of his toy boxes and the cabinet I let him play in the kitchen.

I have attempted having him help me pick up but it seems like he can pull stuff out quicker than I can put them back in. I guess we have a lot farther to go on that skill....until then I need to improve my speed. He loves to dump things out, not so much put stuff back in. This evening I almost had all his block in the tub and the next thing I know everything is on the floor.





Marvin is at class right now and the house is pretty quiet. It really is a strange feeling, it certainly is a blessing being married. For those of you who don't know Marvin has been trying to get some grad hours in, he really is looking forward to learning. I also get the perks of learning through him. I love it, he reads the books, attends the lectures and then shares the good stuff. It has been fun hearing what he is learning about.

Recently I decided to revamp some of my recipes. My goal is to have healthier meals around our house. I have put a lot of thought into Calvin's meals and have enjoyed making my own baby food, but now that he is starting to make the transition to table foods I thought now is as good of time as any to find new healthy meals and revamp others. It's harder than you think, especially on a tight budget, but I have already found a few good recipes. It would be fun to create a cookbook someday.

So to help me in this endeavor I headed the library and checked out all the books my bag could hold. I have a hefty list of recipes already to try and I am only through 1 1/2 cookbooks. I'm pumped. Marvin could eat the same thing every night and be okay with that, but I get bored. We rarely eat the same thing twice in a month and usually don't eat the same thing twice in two months. So if you have any healthy budget friendly recipes pass them on, I'd love to try them.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I think I need you to come cook at my house:)