We are enjoying our son, Wednesday Marvin was beaming after he was born and he made this comment: "I haven't smiled this much since the day we were married." He was a great coach and I couldn't have make it through labor and delivery without him. The whole process went incredibly fast, my doctor's husband's grandfather died and she needed to leave on Thursday to be with his family. So she called and asked me to come into the hospital to induce labor on Wednesday. She knew I would deliver any day, and honestly I think I we would have had him that day or the next without inducing. So here is the timeline of what happened
- We arrived at the hospital I was almost 4 cm, 9:00 a.m.
- 11:00 they started a slow pitocin drip.
- At 3:00 I was at 6 and still not experiencing too much pain.
- 3:30 my doctor broke my water and the game began.
- After this time escaped us and labor went quickly. When the doctor asked if I wanted any pain medication I was almost to 8 cm, so I got a shot of something, but honestly it made me pretty sick, I don't know if it helped a single bit?
- Finally at 5:40 He was born!
I am mending right now, as I tore pretty severely, but overall am doing great. We are all adjusting to each other and learning as we go. He is a pretty heavy sleeper and the hardest thing so far is waking him up to eat! He enjoys his sleep that is for sure. Here are a few pictures of the little man how has captured our hearts! Thanks for sharing in this experience with us, we have enjoyed all of your e-mails, we are certainly blessed!