background

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

making my heart melt

Yesterday I took Calvin to the grocery store. The closest grocery store is in the basement of a shopping center, there is an escalator, but no place to park a stroller while you shop, and no way to get the stroller back up the escalator with groceries and Calvin. (We learned the hard way when Calvin ran ahead while I was trying to pack up our groceries and the stroller and fell on the escalator going up. It made my heart jump but he was rescued unharmed.)

So this time we decided to walk there and take public transport back home. I was so proud of my little man he walked the whole way there, it's about a 15-20 minute walk when I do it alone. People walk here, it's what they do and so they expect kids to walk too. (I did tuck my Ergo Baby in my bag just in case, but glad I didn't need to use it.)

But I digressed, on the melting part. We got off at our stop and we have to walk between a couple of apartment buildings that look just like ours and once we got around the buildings and saw our building Calvin says, "My House." So sweet, and glad he knows it's home and for a minute I thought I was going to cry.

I snapped this one of him playing in his "house" made out of pillows.

No comments: