background

Monday, June 22, 2009

Update

We had a great time at our interviews, although I now think I need to lose 10 lb. instead of 5. (They fed us well, and who can turn down cheesecake? I guess I need to work on self control.) We were given another green light and it's not a matter if we will go overseas, it's a matter of when. Like everyone else they've had a loss of giving and right now they are trying to determine when we can go. We hope to know more in July.

Initially this news was hard to take, although it wasn't surprising. It's hard being in a holding place. But I was reminded today that it doesn't matter where we are at my purpose is the same. So whether we leave in October, November or next March I'm asking for peace that passes all understanding.

We are so thankful we are home and can sleep in our own beds. It was great to see Calvin again and I was pleased to see he was happy to see us too. He's been a little more clingy but I think I needed extra time holding him. Yesterday we had a great time loving up on Marvin. Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast (yes even though we got home at 2:15 a.m.), Papa Johns for lunch, naps in the afternoon and we ended the day with a round of mini golf. It required some effort playing with Calvin. He enjoyed the first two holes, but the next 16 holes it was a game of distraction and trying to keep him out of the water features. I'm so thankful that Calvin has such a great Daddy.




His favorite part of his first golfing experience.......splashing in the water.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hahah I know what you mean, who DOES say no to cheesecake!? :P

Carrie said...

Bummer on the waiting game- i know its tough. Hopefully it won't be too long. Keep the updates coming! I'm thankful Calvin has such a great daddy too :) (and mommy)