background

Monday, June 08, 2009

Eight is Great

I've been tagged. This was a lot of fun and spured some fun conversations with Marvin.

Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1. Next week's interviews. I'm not looking forward to being away from Calvin all week, but looking forward to the time with others with the same heart and share what God has laid on our hearts for our future.
2. Going back home to Nineveh and introducing Calvin to some dear friends and hopefully going deeper in relationships.
3. Communicating in another language once again. We desperately need to get somewhere where we are surrounded by it again.
4. The arrival of our newest niece or nephew the end of this month.
5. Reunions this summer family & FOCUS!
6. 4th of July on the farm.
7. Taking Calvin swimming this summer.
8. Seeing what God is going to teach me during this time of preparation to go back overseas.



Eight Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Church
2. Made a blanket for a baby shower gift
3. Went to a Baby Shower
4. Had a cookout with our small group
5. Watched a great Kansas storm
6. Snuggled and read books with a cute little guy.
7. Took a long hot shower
8. Fell asleep in my hubby's arms



Eight Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Play the guitar. I'm trying to learn, but it's been very slow.
2. Be Tidy. Regardless of how hard I try, thing tend to get messy in a hurry. Especially when I'm cooking.
4. Paint, as in art kind not rooms.
5. Put the laundry away as soon as it is finished.
6. Play the piano, I wished I stuck with it.
7. Wake up early
8. Be more disciplined in regards to journaling and scripture memorization



Eight Shows I Watch:
1. The Office
2. Amazing Race
3. Biggest Loser
4. The News, if I'm not asleep
5. So You Think You Can Dance
6. Dora, Calvin's favorite right now
7. ? (Seriously I haven't watched TV since our shows ended in May)
8 ?

Eight Favorite Fruits:
1. Strawberries
2. Watermelon
3. Blueberries
4. Pineapple
5. Peaches
6. Plums
7. Grapes
8. Kiwi


Eight Places I've Lived:
1. Emporia, KS
2. K-State Dorms
3. Various apartments in Manhattan, Kansas
4. Virgina
5. apartment in "Nineveh"
6. "The fortress" in a village outside of "Nineveh"
7. Istanbul
8. Wichita, KS



Eight Places to Visit:
1. Italy
2. Africa: Safari & Mt. Kilimanjaro
3. Hawaii
4. Upper NW (Washington, Oregon)
5. WWII sites in Europe
6. 7 Churches tour in Turkey
7. China again
8. India

So I'm going to tag the following:
Marie, Carrie, Jamie, Janae (I'm pretty sure you have a blog), Amanda, Kim

I can't wait to see your lists!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

These were fun to read :)

Kim for the Kings said...

Thinking about you as you're away at interviews... (Was that Kim me or another Kim you know? ;)