background

Monday, June 29, 2009

28 is Great

Friday was my birthday and I'm one year closer to 30. Now I really don't mind getting older and hope I handle getting gray hair well. Marvin and I have had this conversation plenty of times about dying my hair when I start to go gray. He's against it, but I told him that where we are going it's cultural so why not! I hope we don't have to cross that bridge for a while, but if I do I'll keep you posted.

I had a great birthday. Calvin and I did our usual Friday things but we stopped for lunch at Braum's. It's always a nice treat eating out for lunch. We've done it twice in the last month and I'm almost positive that those are the only 2 times we have done that this year.

Marvin took me to a nice restaurant downtown called Bel Ami for dinner, while Calvin got to hang with his buddy. It was nice sitting down in a relaxing restaurant without having to entertain Calvin. Our dinner was amazing I had a salmon dish and Marvin had a veal dish, both things we never buy or order. It was quite a treat for sure.

No presents this year, we're saving up for some big purchases in our near future. I have my eye on a 220 volt Kitchenaid mixer, (big sigh). The bad news is they are twice as expensive as the ones for America. So anyone want to buy any of my Etsy creations? I'm really going to start stepping up my sewing in hopes it can bring in some extra income to help with some of these purchases. So if you have always wanted something made just let me know I'd be glad to help. Of course I'm very reasonable in my pricing.

We ended the evening enjoying some soft cookies and watching Second Chance Harvey. It was very good and very tasteful in my opinion. It's so nice to watch a movie without having to fast forward through unnecessary scenes. It did have some language but no cover your eyes moments.

I'm so thankful for all the wonderful friends and family in my life. It's so fun to think back over the past 28 years and see the abundance of blessings He has brought in my life. You guys rock!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Happy Bday Erica! I am glad you did some special things. You guys deserve it.