background

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

All in a Days Work

Sometimes people ask me the question "What do you do all day?" Sometimes I feel a little at a loss for what do say. Sometimes I'm a bit offended by the question but I'll borrow a line from Pride and Prejudice, "It's such a pleasure running my own home Lizzie." I love my job and I have enjoyed loving my family by taking care of them. Yesterday was one of those days where I was focused on getting as much done as possible. Here's my day in review.

I started the day working on housework. It seems like weekends I'm not very motivated to stay tidy(not that I am very tidy during the week, I just work on it more). I guess I want to spend time together rather than boring housework. So I woke up to a sink full of dishes and a dishwasher full of clean dishes. It's been a few days since I've had an empty sink. Doesn't she look pretty? Since Calvin was being mesmerized by Dora I had time to sweep and mop the floor and boy did it need it.

Once I finished cleaning up the kitchen. I moved on to the recycling. I usually toss all of it in a giant bag and then sort it later, it was time to take the plastics and newspaper and i was happy to see the bins were back at Dillons. It's been taken in and out of the car so many times the past week because the bins weren't there and we needed the trunk space.

Next I put the laundry away. All of it, which left me with empty baskets. Always a beautiful site. Calvin enjoyed helping put his socks away and as soon as the baskets were empty he was off pushing them around the house.

I took a little break and played with Calvin on our bed. Am I bad mom if I let him jump? Hope not because he loves it.

We had lunch. Leftovers from Sunday. I love leftover lunches. We read books and I put Calvin down for nap and then it was time for me to get back to work.

I took the stack of clothes winter clothes I pulled from my drawers earlier and packed them away in a suitcase. Then added another basketful of clothes to the garage sale pile. I seriously don't have very many clothes, but it's amazing at how many of them I never wear. Most I've picked up at garage sales, but still I was amazed.

Next I organized my coupons. I hadn't done it in over a week, so I had two Sundays worth of coupons plus all the ones I've gotten in the mail. It feels much better when they are all in their places.

Next I finalized my grocery list and pulled needed coupons for my grocery run.

I piddled on the computer until Calvin woke up (which was probably only 20 minutes).

I gave Calvin a snack and we were off to do our Dillons, Walgreens & Aldi run. We came back put everything away. Calvin and I did a few puzzles before Marvin got home.

Then Marvin took Calvin out for a little jog and I finished dinner and piddled on the Internet.

We ate dinner, Calvin took a bath, read his Bible then put him to bed.

I ran to Target and picked up a couple of things we needed for our trip, and finished a few sewing projects that I had yet to finish. Which included: my latest preschool apron, a pouch for the diaper bag, a taggie crinkle baby toy, hemmed a few things, added a strap to Calvin's swimming hat and some Velcro to a padding thing that goes with his car seat.

I took a long shower. Snuggled up with my Bible, read a few chapters and then it was time for bed.

Now most days are not like this and I am very thankful, but it feels good to do this every now and then.

No comments: