background

Friday, November 21, 2014

The other side



Recently I read these verses in Psalm 30……

You turned my wailing into dancing;
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will praise you forever.”

And it dawned on my for the first time that the Lord brought this verse into fruition.  I remember praying this verse when my heart was so very heavy grieving the loss of Seth.  That he would turn my wailing into dancing and cloth me with joy.  At the time I didn’t really have much of a timeline or expectation as to when that would happen, I was just hoping that one day it wouldn’t be as overwhelming. 

It’s been over 2 years since I last held our sweet third child.  But I can honestly say that when you experience a loss and the Lord sees you through it verse 12 is THE result.  Because the only way you made it through that desert was with the Lord leading the way and that is something to proclaim.  Silence is not optional.

There are days when I look at my sweet boys and my heart still hurts that their brother isn’t here to join in their wrestling and Lego play.  But I am thankful that he is their brother and I’m thankful each time I hear them speak his name.  He’s made an impression on them from heaven, and I pray for their salvation that one day they too can share in what Seth is already experiencing.

So yes this grief thing is never ending, but reading this verse this week was such a blessing to see how far the Lord has taken my heart.

No comments: