background

Monday, July 21, 2014

Revisiting Christmas 2013

I know it’s July, but I wanted to document our Christmas this past year.

We did a little traveling right before Christmas.  It was a sweet gift to be able to see some dear friends, who happened to be a few hours from us.  We were so thankful our schedules worked out to see each other.
 

We drove through some crazy weather that trip.  Ice on our way to see the S Family, the lots of snow after catching up with the W family.  The boys enjoyed both.  :)  Unfortunately we left Wichita when we were experiencing some warmer weather and I forgot everyone's hats and gloves.  I'm thankful for all the hats and gloves we were able to borrow for the boys to enjoy the white stuff.


The boys helped Grandpa cut down their Christmas tree.

Then we were able to see a lot of Marvin’s extended family at his grandmother’s house.  It was fun to catch up in real life.  I am so thankful we can stay connected via facebook, because his family is pretty fun.

 

We were able to spend Christmas this year with both sides of our family.  Something that hasn’t happened in 5 years.  I think that just made it extra special.


 
We were able to spend Christmas morning at my parents’ house. 

We read the Christmas story, ate some yummy cinnamon rolls and watched the boys open way too many gifts. 

Their excitement was fun and they were literally bouncing off the walls with excitement.

 


This year our gifts to them were physically small, games for their leap pad devices, because we couldn’t pass up the awesome deal for a leapster for Micah so he has something to do while his brother is playing on his leap pad.  So I am eating my words publicly because we actually bought our child a video game.  Let me tell you it has been a blessing traveling with those things.
 

 

My brother and sister were there and it was fun to see what my sister made this year, she’s pretty awesome.  I wish I had a picture of what she made us, they were special places close to our heart.  I still love them Natalie.

 


We traveled north to see Marvin’s family around lunch time.  All his brothers were there.  We hadn’t seen his brother Carl in 4 years, I am so thankful we got to see his sweet smile and excitement over Christmas.  It’s always one of my favorite parts of Christmas with his family.




 

I just took in the fun of being with his family, his brothers teasing each other, cards around the table, while the little ones played. 
 
Lots of fun and of course Marvin’s mom always finds the perfect something for everyone. 
 


The holidays we get to spend with our family are pretty special.  We are so thankful for the memories of Christmas 2013.
 

No comments: