background

Thursday, March 14, 2013

So.....

My computer crashed last month.  I'm thankful everything was backed up in December, so I didn't lose too much stuff.  While I'm thankful that it's working again, I have been a bit slow figuring out how to reinstall and restore everything.  My patience runs thin when it comes to technology, which is probably why things still aren't fixed.

I think we've finally convinced Calvin that dragons are only imaginary, pretend animals, this has been a continuing discussion for the past half a year.  His argument all along has been, "But then why are there volcanoes if there are no dragons."  Sometimes it's hard to reason with a 5 year old.

It's even harder to reason with a 2 year old.  Micah's decided he's scared of going #2 and there is no convincing him to do it, and he does everything he can to not do it.  So that's been time consuming and I'm ready for him to change his mind that it isn't so bad, but until then we'll be spending hours in the bathroom everyday.

I started driving here this fall. I'm getting more used to driving this big van we have, but still do not like parking it, and strategically plan where I'm parking so I avoid places where I'm forced to back up in tight spots. But for the most part I just drive to the gym and home, it's been nice not to have to walk in the dark and wait on public.

My Zumba fitness classes are going well. It really depends on the weather how many people I'll have, but I've had people at each class so that's been encouraging and everyone who has come once has returned.  I've enjoyed teaching, even on the days I really don't feel like it, I'm always glad that I got some exercise and have a better mood by the end of my class.

Calvin had his Women's day performance at preschool last Thursday.  It was cute to see him all dressed up.  He loved wearing his tie and was thrilled that he had one just like daddy does.  He was sick they assigned the poems, so I think he was a bit bored.


Our nanny was sick that day so Marvin dealt with Micah during the show, so he didn't get to see much of it.  I'm always amazed at the length of effort put into these shows an how 5 year olds' can memorize such long poems and lines.  As I was sitting there watching their performance in honor of mothers and spring.  I was thrilled to get to be a part of this cultural holiday.

Oh and guess who can now open the kitchen door?  Yep mister orange splitter, I foresee lots of mopping in my future.

No comments: