background

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Something to get excited about

FABRIC!
I found the sweetest fabric yesterday. I've been planning on making Calvin a duvet cover for his big boy bead whenever we move overseas. I have loved the brown, teal, green color combo and finally found my inspiration piece, the pear print. This is the pattern I'm making. It looks easy enough. I've got a good start but I still need 5 more different fabrics. I think I am going to have fun browsing on etsy.
This weekend was really good for my heart. We headed to OK for our annual family reunion at the lake. I was able to get out and enjoy the water while Calvin took a nap. I had some fun on the jet ski with my cousin, just like old times, although we aren't nearly as daring now. It was nice to get away, not cook anything all weekend and spend it with family.
Calvin loved the water, although he's a bit intimidated by it at first. Thankfully there was nice little pool on the shore he had a blast stomping and splashing, throwing rocks. Today I asked him if he wanted to go outside and play in the water and he went to the door and grabbed his life jacket hanging on the coat rack. As we left we barely made it 10 feet before this is what we saw, out for the count. It made the 4 1/2 hour trip much more pleasant when he slept for almost half of it.

No comments: