background

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mommy Mental Health Days

Can I just tell how great Marvin is!!! The week before last really took a toll on me, by the end of the week I was about to cry every time I had to discipline Calvin because it was constant, he was relentless. It just breaks my heart to see him disobey. He's certainly testing his limits right now and Marvin and I have had some great discussion due to it, but it's hard and I can see how easy it can be to just give up.


So when Saturday arrived I was desperate for some help. (Marvin's worked a lot of long hours recently and usually gets home in time for dinner then we put Calvin down for bed.) What a sweetie to give me a whole day to do as I pleased. He took Calvin out to run errands in the morning then put him down for nap, after nap he took him outside to play in the sprinkler. It was such a joy to relax, take a shower without a little boy knocking on the door. Read my bible without feeling rushed. Beautiful.

This week I hired a neighbor girl to come watch Calvin for a couple of hours while I cleaned our carpets. It was such a productive time and worth the money out of our tight budget. It was nice to get some things done so that I can be a part of family time when we do have time together, instead of cleaning.


After having a couple mommy mental health days I highly recommend one for everyone else. I've decided moms need one. So don't hesitate to ask, sometimes we aren't so great at that.


I've learned I have more to give my family because Marvin gave me some time to myself. Being a mom is something that I will always treasure, but don't forget to pamper yourself every now and then.


And just for kicks here's a video of Calvin that I took during our lunch time prayer last week. His "amen" is getting much better, but I just love how eager he is to grab his fork the second he hears that word.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That video was too cute! :)