background

Thursday, July 23, 2009

An EVENTFUL weekend

This past weekend was just one of those weekends we'll remember forever. We spend the entire weekend with Marvin's folks. It was such a blessing to meet our newest niece and she certainly is a cutie. She has such feminine features and just melts your heart. Calvin was so sweet with the baby and even wanted to hold her. Of course he had to give her plenty of kisses.



We had a good time seeing 2 of Marvin's brothers and their families. Calvin always has such a fun time playing with his cousins. I've been so thankful for this time of being close, it's things like seeing Calvin play with his cousins and grandparents that make it tough to leave. It's hard to believe Calvin will be 5 during our next stateside time.

The weather was so beautiful this weekend we spent lots of time outside. The fair was in town and Marvin's mom was busy with Parents as Teachers. We took Calvin to the fair on Sunday before we headed home and he was so excited. He loved the animals and had a blast in the little kids play area. He loved the petting zoo and was beaming from ear to ear when he got to ride a pony.


Marvin and I both ran in a race this weekend, the Barnyard Boogie (isn't that a clever name). Marvin ran the 10K and I ran the 2 mile with Calvin. The 2 mile was half on pavement and half on gravel and the gravel killed me pushing Calvin. Part of it was up a small hill and I thought I was going to die. I finished in 21 minutes, so not too bad. I had hoped to finish in less than 20 minutes but that stroller added a few minutes to my time. Since it has been hot I haven't been running with Calvin, so I had forgotten how much more of a work out it adds. Marvin finished the 10K in 47 minutes, it would have been faster but he ran with me the 1st mile!!! He did great and Calvin was cheering him on at the finish line. He was so excited to see him and kept yelling YEAH GO DADDY! It was so sweet. Since it was a part of the fair we got ribbons I finished 1st for my age group and recieved my first blue ribbon since field day in grade school, Marvin finished second in his age group, he had more competiton than I did. It's also my first fair ribbon ever. I really want to run a 10K before we go back, but I need to step up my training before I'm going to be able to do that.




To end the weekend Calvin had his first Happy Meal, which Marvin ate most of. It's only the second time we've been to McDonalads since we've been back and usually when we go out to eat Calvin just shares something we get. He was more intrigued with the happy meal box. I wonder if they will just give you one of those if you don't order the kids meal. He's not very good at eating fast food and I'm okay with that.





Sorry about the sideways video, not sure how to fix it.

No comments: