background

Friday, July 24, 2009

Learning to Find Joy in Him!

Romans 5:5
"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

Well I feel like I've just been walloped again. Waiting is never easy and we've been waiting a while to go back to Nineveh. We were so pumped and excited about the thought of getting back this year. Our timeline had been pushed back a couple of months due to the lack of funds for us to go but we were okay with November, but yesterday we found out it will be even later, March. WOW was this news hard to hear.

Marvin broke the news to me over dinner last night and I pretty much just cried the entire time we were at the table. I was thankful that Calvin was in the mood to give lots of hugs because I really needed it. I was able to go for a long jog last night and gave me some good time in prayer. I was really faced with an issue of contentment, and learning to be content in the circumstances God has placed me in for the moment. Honestly I haven't really been content, I've been looking forward to returning to Nineveh and it seems that is what I have been living for. But that isn't what God has asked of me, instead rather to live for him daily and to die to myself daily. OUCH.

There are so many unknowns right now, housing??? jobs??? I know Father has provided for us in amazing ways before but we might have to make some hard decisions and the thought of going back to work kills me. So we'd love it if you could take a moment and lift up our situation to the One who already knows what's in store for us the next few months.

Thanks you guys are awesome!

2 comments:

DeWeese Fam of Four said...

OH Erica! I'll be praying. I can identify on the returning to work thing. And we've had our share of tears over not figuring out God's plan too. Thanks for sharing!

Kim for the Kings said...

I'll continue praying for you, Erica. Thanks for sharing this. I know how badly you want to return...I can relate. So know your sister over in Boston is empathetically lifting you up to the Lord as well!