background

Friday, November 30, 2007

Sleepy Boy....sometimes


The other day I put Calvin on the floor to "play"and went to get some lunch, he was fussing so I quickly finished and by the time I got back to the living room he was asleep (seriously this was only 3 minutes). It's amazing how quickly he can fall asleep sometimes and how other times it takes him several hours. It was pretty chilly in our house that day so I covered him up and snapped a picture.
Speaking of sleep, Calvin has been sleeping great at night, but the problem is it takes him a while to fall asleep, apparently we have a little night owl. Lately he has been wide awake from 9-12/1ish then after I feed him again he will sleep until 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning, (of course he wakes up to eat in the middle of the night). It's great that he sleeps in that late, but it we would like him to go to bed a little earlier so we could have a little time together in the evenings while he is asleep. Any ideas????

2 comments:

Sherry said...

this is so so sweet. i bet you are having an absolute blast with him. give him an extra kiss for me:)

Anonymous said...

I always made sure to have the house really bright during the day and darker in the evening. That way the baby's circadian rhythms would develop faster. I would open all the blinds and then close them late in the afternoon. Also, I would limit the number of lamps I would turn on at dark.