background

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Teething & Self-Control

Aren't these guys fun? We've had fun at breakfast this week, but I've learned Calvin can't wait for his breakfast. I had a little boy attached to my leg the other morning literally begging for food as I was trying to finish up the waffles, he was hungry and not letting me forget about it!

Calvin's been teething recently and I had caught a glance of the tooth he was getting earlier in the week and it was almost breaking through the surface. It had been a couple of days so I decided to check to see if it was up, I put my finger in his mouth and I was surprised to feel more teeth, his molars on the top and bottom are also coming in on both sides, so that makes 5 teeth coming right now. This would explain his fussiness and wanting to be held all the time, so I busted out the Tylenol last night. Lately he had been waking up several times a night and if I had known he was getting this many teeth I would have brought it out sooner. He slept so soundly last night, praise the LORD!

Calvin is also learning self-control right now. He's not very good at it, but I've caught him several times over the last week stopping himself do something he knew he shouldn't do. I know it's so hard for him, but I'm proud he is obeying. He did the sweetest thing yesterday, he confessed! I know he can't talk, but I went to the bathroom and when I came out he was standing in front of the door and he looked worried. Then he pointed towards the living room. We as we walked he had his finger on the side of his face and he kept the worried look, next he pointed at the floor. There before us were my coupons spread out on the floor. He had climbed up on a chair and gotten them off the table. I was very proud of him because he only got a few out. It was pretty sweet. I think we have a long road ahead of us, but it's nice to see he's starting to learn a few important lessons in obedience.

1 comment:

Gloria P. said...

Hello Erica:

I use ziti, penne or bow ties. I shop wholesale and buy in bulk so we usually have ziti until I buy again and depending on what is the best buy that month.

My babies are 22 and 20...but I remember the teething...it's a tough period....and some babies teeth worse than others.....!

Enjoy reading your blog.