background

Monday, January 11, 2010

the frugal part of me was jumping with joy!

So Calvin needed a good pair of shoes to survive the slush, snow and puddles here. Before Christmas I shopped around a bit, but was still confused on his shoe size (his foot just will not stop growing these days). After comparing prices (and figuring out his size) I was set on getting him a pair at the market because they looked like the same shoe only much much cheaper than any of the shops I had visited.

Friday Calvin and I headed to the biggest grocery store in town and I decided to check the toy store in the building to see if they had any shoes, low and behold I found shoes and even a great sale, 50% off!!! I could not believe it, they were the same price as I would have paid at the market. I was so thankful for this little find because it meant I didn't have to take him to the market, take his shoe off in the cold and make sure he stayed on a piece of cardboard while he tried them on. It was a much better buying experience.

P.S. I desperately miss coupons, still can't believe how much we spend on food each week. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it's gonna take some time.

No comments: