background

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Finished Projects

It's been a while since I've posted some of my finished projects. I've been creating off and on since the last time I posted pictures. I took a little break, but I'm eager to get back to some more productive sewing.


I think I posted one picture of my "just like Daddy" apron, but here it is up close. I think it would fit a 3-5 year old. It's a little big on Calvin.


Here's my first applique that involved curved lines. I love how it turned out. This is the best picture I have of Calvin wearing it. He carried this play strawberry around the whole afternoon. Whenever I would try to get a picture of him he'd pop it in his mouth. I finally gave up.

I'm so pumped about my new pool/beach bag. I fell in love with the print on this tea towel and I've finally got around to making my bag. I lined it in waterproof material, PUL, so it's a perfect summer bag. I have one more towel and plan on making another one this week. I think I'll add a couple of pockets on the inside next time around.

This is Marvin's Father's Day present. I've been wanting to do a sillouette of Calvin for a while. Father's Day was the pefect excuse, and of course the phrase is Uppercase Living!
Finally this is my wet bag for wet clothes & eventually cloth diapers. I'm waiting my diaper covers to be delivered. The ones I bought with the cloth diapers are the snap kind and I have an extremely busy guy who doesn't sit well for diaper changes, so I ordered some with velcro. I know they don't last as long but for our sanity they were necessary. These and these are what I ordered, I choose these because they are adjustable and can be used as your child grows. Now I can't wait till Marvin installs my diaper sprayer. I found this tutorial on how to make your own.
Let the cloth diaper wearing begin.

No comments: