background

Saturday, February 03, 2007

PORK for dinner…shhhh don’t tell anyone


Yes we had pork for dinner, and I have never been so afraid to buy anything in my life. Our market doesn’t sell pork inside but there are a few places you can find it on the outside of the market, I just have never been brave enough to buy it. The local peoples are not the ones who buy it because they are Muslim, so I didn’t want anyone to see me buy it. I actually had to walk by the stall that sells it because I saw some of my students. I was very thankful that there was a blanket over the awning that day I quickly made my purchase and placed it in my bag and was on my way. I am such a rebel.

So after that experience I didn’t think I would be buying pork again anytime soon, but I just got home from the grocery store and what did I find, BACON, real sliced bacon! Now I am not a big bacon fan, but Marvin loves it. So what did I do? I put in my cart and quickly covered it up with the yogurt. Whew. Grocery shopping has never been more adventurous.

No comments: